One of our specialties at domilya GROUP is bathroom renovations. We know how important it is to have a successful bathroom project and how tricky that can be when dealing with a small bathroom in particular.
If you’re considering starting a small bathroom renovation in Oakville, Milton or Burlington, take a look at our 5 simple tips for success:
1) Plan/Budget: As with any home renovation, big or small, it’s important to take your time making a detailed plan and figuring out your budget. If you’re working with a contractor, he/she can help you determine time and cost estimates so you know what you’re getting into.
2) Look for the Positives: A small space can feel limiting, especially when you’re trying to figure out how to renovate it. That’s why it’s important to look for the positives. Just because a space is small doesn’t mean it can’t become something great! Analyze your bathroom and work with what you’ve got. Think about the changes you could make to renovate that small bathroom. The awkward nook you hate might be a perfect place for some corner shelves. A big mirror could work on one wall to make the room feel larger. And the list goes on…
3) Keep Things Light: Dark colours can emphasize the limited space you have, making a room feel even smaller than it really is. Consider neutral tones for your walls – light and bright colours will help your bathroom feel airy and spacious.
4) Clever Storage: We all need tons of storage, but how do we store all our stuff without taking up all our space? This is where clever solutions come in – open shelving, for example, can hold all your bathroom necessities while maintaining an airy feel in the room (no blocky square cabinets or thick doors). There are some amazing storage solutions out there – do some Googling and browse some local Oakville, Burlington or Milton shops to see what kind of space-saving bathroom remodeling ideas you can find.
5) Avoid Clutter: Clutter is the easiest way to make a space feel smaller. By keeping things tidy, you’ll probably notice your bathroom feels more welcoming, spacious and even cleaner!
Avoiding clutter is also important when it comes to the design style. Try to keep things simple. Use one neutral paint colour for the walls, with maybe one accent area or use different-coloured accessories or storage units to accent the space. Keep decorations to a tasteful minimum and avoid an overall busy look.
Planning a small bathroom renovation in Burlington, Milton, Mississauga or Oakville? Give domilya GROUP a call at 647.300.1242 so we can chat about your specific project.