A contractor is crucial to a successful home renovation, but you need to hire the right person for your specific job. So here’s how you do it.
- Research: Look for contractors that service Oakville, Milton, Burlington and Mississauga so you can choose someone who works in the area. There are some great websites where you can browse through contracting companies in your area and read customer reviews about them. Check out Baeumler Approved, Homestars, Trusted Pros, Uknowa and Yelp.
- Have lots of options: Take your time looking at potential Halton Peel area contractors. Find out what their specialties are, how much experience they have and what their customers say about them.
- Make sure the company is insured: Before deciding on a contractor, it is vital that you make sure they are insured. Ask them if they’re insured and with whom. Then call their insurance carrier and verify their coverage. It’s always better to be sure.
- Meet with your prospective contractor(s): It’s important to have a conversation with the contractors you’re considering, preferably face-to-face. This way, you can get a feel for who they are, how they communicate and you can get a more succinct idea of their experience and qualifications. This is also a chance for you to get an estimate from them for your specific Halton Peel home renovation.
- Choose the person you feel most comfortable with: Our last piece of advice is for you to choose the contractor with whom you feel most comfortable. You’re going to be spending a lot of time with your contractor, particularly if you’re planning a large home renovation. You need to choose someone you can communicate with easily, someone whose ethics gel with yours and someone you feel you can trust.
For more tips, check out our recent blog posts:
domilya GROUP services the Halton Peel Region of Ontario. If you’re looking for a contractor for a Burlington renovation, Milton renovation, Mississauga renovation or Oakville renovation, give us a call at 647.300.1242.