What are you doing with your basement? If you are like most people, the answer is ‘not much!’ Your basement is an amazing opportunity to personalize your home and truly make it your own. Take a few minutes to dream: If you were given an extra room in your home and could turn it into anything you wanted, what would you do with that space? The domilya GROUP can help you with your home renovations in Mississauga and with your basement finishing in Oakville. Here are some fun ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
- Children’s Play Area. How much would your children love their very own club house? You could fill it with dolls for endless tea parties, set up a lego corner, or even build the ultimate race track for their miniture cars. Use bright and colourful paint on the walls and find a flooring option that is durable. Don’t forget to include lots of storage space for all those toys which will no longer be strewn all over your house!
- Gym. How convenient would it be to have your own gym in your basement? Depending on your workout regimine, you could have weights, a bike, a mat and even a television and DVD player for workout videos. You may want to install rubber flooring and a fan to help maintain good air circulation. Call us if you need any help with your home renovations and flooring.
- Basement Apartment. A basement apartment can be an effective way to bring additional income into your home. First make sure that your apartment is consistent with local bylaws and that you obtain any needed permits. Also, you may need to add a kitchen, bathroom, and separate entrance. You may even consider adding or removing walls to make the floor plan more liveable.
- Media Room. Wouldn’t it be amazing to avoid the nightly battle for the remote? A home theatre provides the television enthusiast in your home with a cave that they can retreat to in the evening. It is also an amazing space to host movie nights with your friends. To do your media room right, you need to carefully plan your sound system, have adequate storage for all of your equipment and DVDs, and have enough seating with a good view of the television.
- Art Studio. An art studio can give you a comfortable space to unleash your creativity. Imagine having a quiet place where you can just paint?! With an art studio, adequate lighting is key. Pot lights and sconces are amazing ways to brighten up your basement. Also, you might want to consider getting a dehumidifier since the moisture in basements can damage your art.