When the cold weather finally starts to dissipate and the sun starts to stream through the windows, many people jump into Spring cleaning mode. Spring is a time for new beginnings (and also tax refunds!) and a great time to get your home ready to enjoy during the warmer months.
Spring can be a great time to start home renovation projects but sometimes itâ€™s hard to know where to start or what project to choose. Â There is no right answer when it comes to picking a home renovation project â€“ you have to go with what will work best for your home, your budget and your needs.Â If you need some inspiration, here are some of the top choices for Spring renovations.
Spring Renovation Inspirations
- Finishing Unfished Spaces. If finishing your basement, garage or storage space is on your list, get it done this Spring! The warmer weather makes dry walling a good project as the higher temperatures mean you can open windows and help expedite drying time for drywall compound.
- Hardwood Floors. The Spring weather may be reminding you about your seasonal allergies. If you have carpet in your home, changing it out to hardwood floors can help alleviate symptoms to dust and pollen particles that get trapped in carpet.
- Nothing blooming in your garden or no garden to speak of? Spring time is a great time to add some curb appeal to the outside of your home.Â New sod, new decks and new fences are also very popular Springtime renovation projects.
- Doors And Windows. Springtime is a smart time to replace the seal on doors and windows, as caulking can crack and shrink during the colder months. Properly sealed windows and doors will also keep the cool air in during the summer months. A new front door can really update and change the look of your home too.
- Kitchen Upgrades. Spring and summer usually means a lot of entertaining happens in the home. If youâ€™d like to upgrade your kitchen, Spring is a great time to undertake a kitchen renovation. Â Keep in mind that a full remodel is not always needed to get more benefits out of your kitchen space.Â New tiles, updated storage, new countertops and backsplash can really add to how you use and enjoy the space.
- Custom Storage. As you are doing some Spring cleaning, you may find the need for a better system to organize and store your items. If you have a garage or a storage room in your home, taking the time to renovate the space and build custom storage for your needs can make a huge difference.Â Maximizing the space will make it feel bigger and more organized, allowing you to make the most of the things you have.
- Add Some Colour. The greys and darker tones of winter are cast aside with the arrival of Spring! Give your home a refreshed look by using paint or wall paper in light and bright shades. Adding new art work or window treatments are other great ways of using colour to brighten up your home.
No matter what Spring renovation project you decide to undertake, make sure you find a qualified and professional contractor to help bring your ideas alive. domilya Group is an award winning and trusted home renovation company serving the Mississauga, Oakville and Burlington areas and has many years of experiencing helping clients create the home theyâ€™ve dreamed about.Â Weâ€™d love to hear from you so contact us to find out more about how we can help with your home renovation needs.