The domilya GROUP has more than 10 years of experience in home renovations, including custom home renovations in Burlington, bathroom renovations in Burlington, and hotel style bathroom renovations in Burlington.
One of the best things about staying in a hotel is their pristine and gorgeous bathrooms! Don’t you wish that you could have a bathroom like that at home? Here are some tips that will help you turn your bathroom into a beautiful space that meets your family’s needs:
1. Think carefully about your floors. The flooring that you choose sets the tone for your bathroom. While marble or granite will give you that luxurious look, there are a variety of factors to consider including cost, durability, and slip resistance. Whatever flooring you choose, just make sure that you install it properly.
2. Plan your lighting. Effective lighting can be one of the most important keys to creating an elegant bathroom. Sconces are often a good solution to place around your mirror to give you enough light for grooming. Natural light or sufficient ambient light can give your bathroom that serene feel that you get at a hotel. You can also use accent lighting to highlight any artwork or beautiful fixtures in your bathroom.
3. Invest in quality bathroom fixtures. While they may initially cost more, buying higher quality bathroom fixtures may actually save you money in the long run because they are usually more efficient and you won’t have to replace them as frequently. Pay careful attention to the materials that the fixtures are made from and again make sure that you install them properly.
4. Avoid clutter. One of the nicest things about the counters and sinks in hotel bathrooms is that there’s not stuff all over it! The absence of make-up, toothpaste, razors, contact lense solution, and everything else makes the bathroom look a lot better. Find storage opportunities such as storage on the wall, storage boxes, drawers, organizers, bins or shower shelves and make it a priority to get your bathroom organized.
5. Make it meet your needs. Before renovating your bathroom, think carefully about your needs. You need to find a happy balance between the bathroom in the five-star hotel and one that works for your family. Who will be using your bathroom? Guests? Children? Will more than one person be using your bathroom at a time? How many electrical outlets will you need? If you have limited time should you be trying to find materials that are low maintenance and easy to clean?
If you want to create the bathroom of your dreams, call us 647 300 1242, we can help!