Hosting and entertaining are a big part of the summer season. Whether you are welcoming out of town guests or plan on hosting local friends and family, there is still plenty of time to spruce up your home for the summer. The sunny weather is also an added bonus when it comes to renovations – less wet weather days tend to keep projects moving along and more daylight hours allow the work to be completed quicker, especially when it comes to outdoor projects.
So, pull up a patio chair and sit down to read about some fantastic summer renovation project ideas that will impress your guests.
Renovations To Boost Your Summer Style
Having an outdoor space to enjoy in the summer is an added bonus, but it’s not the only space worthy of a summer renovation. There are indoor and outdoor renovation options that will allow both you and your guests to feel relaxed and content during the lazy days of summer.
Guest Bedroom And Bathroom
Being surrounded by friends and family really is a wonderful thing. It is even more wonderful if everyone has the space they need! If you don’t have a dedicated guest bedroom, now might be the time to renovate your basement to add in a guest area that could include a bedroom and a bathroom. If you do already have a guest bedroom and bathroom, you can still do some simple renovations that will add a luxurious feel to the space and leave your guests feeling pampered.
- Add blackout blinds or curtains to bedroom windows so that your guests can easily sleep in during bright summer mornings.
- Add in custom cabinets or a built in wall feature that will provide ample space for them to hang and store their items as well as a recharging station where they can plug in and use their tech devices.
- Choose spa like bathroom fixtures like a deep soaker tub or a rain or dual feature shower head.
Outdoor Living Space Beyond The Basics
In the last ten years, outdoor living spaces have become increasingly popular. While there is nothing wrong with some comfy patio chairs and patio lanterns, the options that exist when it comes to renovating your outdoor space are extensive.
- There is no reason why a chef worthy kitchen has to be kept indoors – outdoor kitchens can be equipped with full cooking areas complete with an outdoor vent hood over the grill, a sink, a faucet, a trash and recycling area, cooking utensil storage and lighting.
- Complete your outdoor entertaining space by adding a bar equipped with a refrigerator, wine cooler and ice maker.
- Adding a pizza oven to an outdoor entertaining space can be a fun cooking alternative to the standard BBQ grill.
- Build a permanent cover over your outdoor space that can include lighting, heating, a fireplace and a sound system.
- If you have a pool, you may be able to build a swim up bar area that extends from your outdoor living space.
Building The Dream
When you’ve got a vision in mind of how you want your home renovation to look, you need the right partner to get the job done just as you see fit. domilya GROUP specializes in helping Oakville, Burlington and Mississauga clients bring their dreams to reality and has extensive experience completing quality custom renovations. Contact us to get your complimentary consultation and find out more about how we can transform your home into the perfect summer sanctuary.