Renovations have a reputation for being pricey, but there are ways to lower the costs. We’re going to take a look at bathroom renovations in particular today with some advice for how to revamp a bathroom on a budget.
Wherever you are, Burlington, Milton or Oakville, bathroom remodeling is a great home renovation project but it can be pricey. We’re here to show you that it doesn’t have to break the bank!
We found these really great tips from Home Depot and we thought we’d share them with you.
1) Don’t relocate: To save money, keep your toilets, showers and sinks as close to their original locations as possible. If you find you really do need to move something, sinks are often the cheapest to relocate.
2) Choose 1 splurge item: This is an easy way to create a focal point of the room and to ensure you can get a more luxury item while still revamping the whole space. For example, you could go for a large spa-type tub and make it the focus, then plan the rest of the space around it (with less-expensive items).
3) Swap your vanity: The vanity is often the focal point of the room so it’s an easy choice when figuring out what items to change in your bathroom. Go for a modern upgrade or amplify storage capacity – whatever works for you.
4) Use contrasting colour: This is a great way to add something dynamic to the space. Whether you paint your walls in contrasting colours or use two-tone tiles, you can create some unique looks just by strategically pairing colours.
5) Pack a punch with paint: A lick of paint is sometimes all a space needs to liven it up. Depending on the size of your bathroom, you may be able to do an accent wall in a bold colour. You could also go with a design, such as painting different-coloured stripes instead of a solid colour.
6) Look for deals on faucets: Take your time browsing different stores and brands to find faucet deals. They’re a crucial part of the bathroom, but they’re also something you can save money on.
7) Accessorize: It’s amazing what accessories can do! A stack of fluffy white towels, a vase of flowers, a seashell display, a nice corner shelf or a painting can all make a world of difference in your bathroom. Accessories are like mini renovations in themselves! Using accessories is an easy way to revamp any home in Burlington, Milton, Mississauga or Oakville.
8) Repurpose other furnishings: If you have the space, consider adding a couple extra pieces of furniture to your bathroom. You could repurpose a living room ottoman or a bedroom chair for your bathroom – these will instantly add functionality and luxury to the space.
9) Build an above-door shelf: This is a great idea. How often do we use that space above the door? Hardly ever, and yet it’s a perfectly useful spot for storage! Install a shelf and store things you don’t need to access frequently or use it for artwork or knickknacks.
10) Create budget-friendly artwork: You don’t have to blow your budget on paintings or clay sculptures to create a beautiful bathroom. You can print some of your favourite photographs, frame them and hang them on your bathroom walls. Print the photos in black and white for instant artsy elegance.
For some tips on how to renovate your bathroom without really renovating it, check out our previous blog post 10 Easy Ways to Make-Over Your Bathroom Without Tearing Up Your Floor!
domilya GROUP specializes in bathroom renovations! To talk about your Oakville, Burlington or Milton bathroom renovation, give us a call at 647.300.1242.