domilya GROUP is looking for full-time construction labourers in the renovation business.
If you are experienced in any of the areas described below we would like to hear from you. Call us or email us your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.
Under the supervision of the Director of Construction Operations, the Construction Labourer is an integral position at domilya GROUP, responsible for a wide variety of jobs including: carpentry, tiling, demolition, drywalling, and finishing. The General Labourer assists with installations and repairs in homes and commercial buildings. Work is often concentrated in kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms and basements but may include other areas, both residential and commercial.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare sites to ensure maximum optimization of construction work procedures
- Clean debris, trash and hazardous materials from construction sites
- Load and unload equipment from trucks
- Ensure that all work is being done in compliance with the company’s protocols and building code
- Align structural components according to blueprints
- Mix ingredients for cleaning and covering surfaces
- Manage operation and maintenance of saws, drills, grinders
- Install floors, ie. Tile, hardwood
- Build, repair and maintain walls, doors and framework, carpentry
- Construct wall units and base cabinets
- Use hand tools to cut and shape material as per instructions
- Dismantle/ demolish existing fittings
- Clean and pile salvaged materials, remove rubble and other debris at construction sites
- Assist tradespersons such as carpenters and cement finishers in construction activities
- Manage time effectively, meet goals and work effectively with other team members
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-5 years previous experience in the construction industry (Training will NOT be provided)
- Experience in tile, framing, drywall, painting and flooring
- Knowledge of various tools
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Clean driving abstract
- Reliable transportation to and from job sites
- Clear criminal background check, including vulnerable sector screening
- Own Steel-toed safety boots, Hard hat, Safety glasses/goggles, Gloves a must
- Ability to relate well with co-workers, supervisors, customers
- Positive “can do” attitude
- High School Diploma Preferred