The Basement: Often a blank canvas – a place of mystery, possibility and spiders.
Unfinished basements often create dilemmas. What do we do with it?
Too often, poor, lonely basements become dark jumbled storage areas for unwanted toys and broken appliances. In actuality, most basements are full of potential. A basement renovation can do wonders for your living space.
Ideas for Basement Makeovers
- Transform it into a home theatre. Basements are dark by design – perfect for watching movies.
- Create a home office for Mum’s freelance writing business or Dad’s real estate work.
- Turn it into an arts and crafts room – complete with a sink to wash off papier mache-covered hands.
- Make the basement into a den for the kids where they can play and keep all their toys.
- Build a peaceful sanctuary for meditation, yoga and prayer.
Another common choice with basement renovations is to turn the space into an apartment, which can be rented out to tenants.
Consider the possibilities in your basement. Think about the size of the space, the height of the ceiling and what a basement renovation could add to your home.
To discuss basement projects, contact an associate from domilya GROUP at 647.300.1242 or visit www.domilyaGROUP.ca