A great way to start 2015 is to freshen up your home with a new renovation or decoration project. Here are some ideas for transforming your Halton-Peel home in the new year.
- Freshen up your favourite room with a new colour: You can start simple by just choosing a new paint colour to liven up the walls of one room. You can also create an accent wall – or go super simple by just bringing in some colourful accessories like throw pillows, art or new curtains to make a room feel new.
- Plan ahead: Think about spring and summer, what do you think your home will need come those seasons? For example, you might be planning on entertaining a lot as soon as the weather changes, so maybe a backyard renovation is in order.
- Flood-proof your home: This is a must-have for any home to avoid costly damage should there be flooding in your area. If you haven’t already flood-proofed, do it this year for your own peace of mind.
- New lighting: Install some new light fixtures to literally brighten up your place. The kitchen is a great place to consider first.
- Transform your basement: We love renovating basements here at domilya GROUP. It’s such a versatile space that you can turn into a home gym, office, kids’ play room, separate bedroom, wine cellar, home theatre, organized storage space, etc… the list goes on!
- Renovate your bathroom: The bathroom is one of the most used spaces in a home. Rather than having it be just a room of purpose, why not make it a special space? Renovate your bathroom to turn it into a sanctuary, complete with a comfy tub, adjustable lighting, ample storage, and whatever else you need to make the space suit your needs.
- Furniture and art: A great way to change up your home is simply with furniture and artwork. You don’t have to change every single piece of course, but even a single new piece can make a room feel different and new. Maybe your couch is getting a bit faded, maybe your barstools need new upholstery, perhaps a mirror would look great in the hallway. Take a good look around your place and think about what you might like to change or move around. Browse through some furniture and art stores in your area or online and see if anything catches your eye.
Planning a home renovation in Burlington, Oakville, Milton, Brampton or Mississauga? Call us today for a free consultation: (647) 264-6387.