Small bathroom renovations can be challenging, but there are lots of things you can do to maximize your space and fully utilize the room. We specialize in bathroom renovations in the Oakville area and really enjoy transforming such an important space in our clients’ homes. The bathroom is not just a utility room but a place of relaxation and rejuvenation. It’s important to have a bathroom tailored to your needs and likes, a place you feel comfortable in and a place that works for you each day – even if you have a small bathroom, you can turn it into a place you love.
Here are some ideas for small bathroom renovations and space-savers.
- Shelving – properly planned storage can help you avoid clutter, which can wreak havoc on a small bathroom
- Keep things tidy – not a renovation tip, but if your space is small, it can easily get overwhelmed when there’s a mess. By keeping things organized and having good storage, you can avoid that cramped feeling.
- Try a sliding door – as suggested by houzz.com, a sliding door can actually save you space (the swing of a regular door takes up room)
- A flat mirror – houzz.com also recommends trying a flat mirror (instead of a medicine cabinet) along with a narrow sink (a regular medicine cabinet takes up both wall space and calls for a larger sink beneath it to match its profile)
- Clean and clear – thisoldhouse.com suggests going with white marble, some extra mirrors and a clear glass shower door to open up your small bathroom.
- Hire a contractor. This is our last tip but it’s an important one. A professional can give you advice about what direction to take, how best to make your unique space work for you and can give you an idea of the cost of your bathroom renovation.
For a free consultation about an Oakville bathroom renovation, give us a call at 647-300-1242.
Here are some more great tips: http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/22205849/list/9-big-space-saving-ideas-for-tiny-bathrooms