Basement floods are all too common, and they’re not pretty. But we can help. If you’ve already experienced a flood, we’ve got some tips for how to help your basement bounce back. And if you want to do some flood proofing to make sure you don’t have to deal with the after-effects of a basement flood, give us a call! We specialize in basement renovations in Oakville, Milton, Burlington and Mississauga. We’d be happy to give you a free consultation – just call (647) 264-6387.
- Whether it’s a heavy storm or a burst pipe, once the flood’s source has stopped, switch off your main breaker. And make sure you do this before entering the basement, if there’s still water in it.
- Use a pump to get rid of the water.
- Once the water is gone, take everything out and let it dry.
- You might have to throw away some things. Soaked carpet in particular, should be thrown away.
- Clean. This isn’t fun, but it’s really necessary. Make sure you clean all surfaces with an antibacterial cleaning solution.
- Let it dry, let it dry, let it dry. If you have a large fan, put it in the basement. It’ll help speed up the drying process.
- Take preventative measures. This is where flood proofing comes in – making sure your house is protected against future water damage and floods and has preventative systems in place like downspouts, pumps and waterproof sealant.
domilya GROUP often has flood proofing projects, so feel free to call us for a no-charge consultation about your home!