[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Wondering where to put money into your home in order to increase its value? If you decide to invest money into your current home, it is common to want to spend money on a project that will increase your property’s value. So what should it be? Even if you hope to add value to your home based on a renovation, make sure to still undertake a project that you personally find valuable too.
No matter what you choose, the best advice would be to find a quality contractor to do the work. Any project that is comprised of poor craftsmanship or work that is not up to code will certainly not add value and will most likely cost you even more in the end.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
If your goal is to add property value, the following projects are your best bet to raising that list price.
- Adding a bathroom – full bathrooms in the basement have great appeal
- Kitchen rejuvenation – new backsplash, appliances and counter tops can make a big difference
- Modern upgrades – upgrading lighting, door handles and faucets will instantly make your house more appealing. Interested in tackling a bigger job? Get rid of those popcorn ceilings!
- Build a deck – this is almost as good as adding an extra room to the home. Building outdoor living space can really add value and desirability for prospective buyers.
- Fence in the yard – this renovation adds privacy and it also what buyers with small children or pets often look for.
- Windows – this one doesn’t sound exciting but new windows not only make the front of your house look good, they are also a sound long term investment and can help keep heating costs down.
- New flooring – this doesn’t always mean new hardwood floors. Upgrading kitchen or bathroom tile or carpeting is a worthwhile renovation.
- Landscaping – adding curb appeal can really help add value to your home.
When it comes down to choosing the right renovation for your home, you will most likely be choosing if you are making a practical renovation or a cosmetic one. Both options can add value to your home and over time, you will eventually need to invest in both categories in order to keep up the maintenance on your home.
If you are looking for direction when it comes to deciding on what type of renovations to do, contact a contractor to do a walk-through of your home with you. They can help you make a plan to get the most out of your renovation budget and give advice on what options will add the most value to your home. domilya GROUP has extensive experience doing home renovations of all types in Mississauga, Oakville, and Burlington. With a commitment to exceeding customer expectations, your renovation plans will be in the right hands. Call today to book your free estimate – (647) 300-1242.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]