The backsplash can be one of the most fun parts of a kitchen to design. Though it’s a simple space and often a small area, it’s one of the places that you can have the most fun with when planning your kitchen renovation.
If you’re planning to renovate a kitchen in Oakville, Milton or Burlington, give us a call! We’ve got some great ideas for what you can do with a kitchen, including the backsplash. Here are some fun suggestions we found in an HGTV article.
1) Make it metallic – go with a metal tile or something with a metallic shimmer to it. Think of stainless steel, copper or anything that has a glittery dust in it. This is a great way to punch up your backsplash and an easy way to add a bit of creativity if you have a neutral-toned kitchen.
2) Use the wall – Rather than a small space above the stove, your backsplash could go all the way up to the ceiling and spread across beneath your cabinets, becoming an accent wall of sorts in your kitchen. Why not? This is a great way to add colour and texture to your space.
3) Go artsy – Try something really unique that has an artist’s touch. Perhaps a printed material, something hand-painted or stamped. Even basic concrete can be embossed with a design to create a really special backsplash.
4) Contrast – If you have an all stainless steel kitchen, try going with a warm stone backsplash. This will add a contrast in texture, colour and temperature – stainless steel has a cold, industrial feel, while stone can have a warm, earthy feel – particularly stone in a contrasting colour to steel (not a grey shade).
5) Make it a focal point – By keeping the rest of the kitchen neutral and keeping cabinetry at lower heights, you can make the backsplash a focal point, especially if you choose tiles with a pop of colour. Consider using tip #2 in this case as well, and use the entire wall as your backsplash to create even more of a visual