The thought of doing a home renovation in the winter months can seem daunting. But the snow and colder temperatures that show up in the Oakville, Mississauga and Burlington area shouldnâ€™t stop you from tackling a home renovation project that youâ€™ve been dreaming about or that has been on your to do list for months. Winter time can actually be one of the best times to accomplish home renovation projects as it tends to be easier to find a professional contractor in the winter than any other time of the year.
Because of the holiday season, homeowners may also feel that the funds they can dedicate to a renovation in the winter months is limited.Â However, there are lots of ways to budget for winter renovations such as:
- Getting your tax documents prepped and ready so you have an idea of any tax refunds you may receive that can be put towards renovation costs.
- Workplace bonuses. Many employers give work bonuses around the holidays or in the first quarter of the year. Make a plan to use some of those funds to finance home upgrades.
- Give yourself the gift of a home you love! Instead of traditional gifts for your partner, decide to put the fund otherwise used for gifts into a home renovation fund.
- Taking advantage of sales and discounts. Typically, price increases for things like appliances, windows, lumber and other home renovation related products happen in the spring.Â In the winter months, many manufacturers and retails stores offer reduced rates to clear inventory and make room for the new stock.
Home Renovations That Can Save You Money
Another way to budget for home renovations is to look at the bigger picture and invest in home renovations that can save you money in the long run.
- Renovating Bathrooms. If your bathrooms are outdated, there are lots of bathroom renovation ideas that will allow you to save water and energy and help reduce your monthly bills.Â There are lots of products on the market to consider, such as dual flush toilets and other smart technologies that regulate water temperature.
- Renovate your basement. If you have an unfinished basement, you could be losing a lot of heat during the colder months which means your hydro bills are higher than they need to be. The winter months are a great time to renovation your basement and add more insulation, properly waterproof the space and choose flooring that will help maintain a higher temperature without having to crank up the heat.
If you are ready to upgrade your home this winter, contact domilya Group.Â Our experienced and professional team has worked with home owners in Mississauga, Oakville and Burlington and can help you turn your home into the space youâ€™ve always dreamed of. From main floor renovations to creating a basement space you can cozy up in this winter, we are ready to work with you!