When you first purchased your home, chances are you had a plan for each and every room. Initially, space probably seemed perfect for your needs, but over time, what you need from your home very often changes. If you feel like you could use a little more space, or that changing certain spaces would better suit your needs, a basement renovation can be the right solution. Requests for basement renovations in Oakville and Mississauga range quite a bit, from full-fledged theatres or home gyms to a cozy space for family and friends to gather together. Whatever your needs, know that basements are extremely versatile, and with a strong plan, space can become what you need.
Rather than moving, many homeowners consider the more economical option to expand their living space by finding the right basement contractor in Oakville to transform their basement space. Expanding your living space allows you to stay in the home you love, and the good news is that most homes already have a basement space that’s perfect for remodeling into any kind of additional room desired.
Finding Space For What You Need
To start, know that when domilyaGROUP completes a basement renovation in Oakville or Mississauga, we always start by meeting with our clients many times in order to really understand what they want from their basement space. There are so many possibilities when it comes to using dark and forgotten space into a room you’ll love to spend time in, and one that will maximize the functionality of your home. Completing a basement renovation no longer means simply putting up walls and laying down basic flooring. Basement transformations can produce luxurious spaces that become centerpieces of a busy home.
Here are just a few ideas on how you can expand your living space and add a room in the basement that you may not have space for in any other area of your home.
- An additional bedroom and/or living space for an older child or grandparents. This can provide a great deal of independence, while still allowing individuals to be part of the family home.
- A large playroom for kids. Not only does this give your kids space to actively play and create, but it also gives upstairs space back to parents!
- An at-home office. Whether you have a very busy job that requires your attention at non-traditional hours or you run a business from your home, well-designed office space in the basement can increase productivity and focus.
- A media room. Create your own home theatre for family movie nights.
- A game room. Bulky equipment required for some games means there is little space for them elsewhere in the house – until you revitalize your basement! A properly planned out basement space can give you plenty of room for a pool table or ping pong table, air hockey, foosball, even a place to play video games.
- A bar. For those who are big on entertaining, installing a wet bar and food prep area allows you to host a party or sports night with ease.
- Storage space. People with busy lives know that proper storage is a game changer. Forget stacking boxes in a corner, functional basement storage includes pull out drawers, built in shelving and clean spaces that can organize your seasonal wardrobes, cottage supplies, craft materials or sports gear.
Ready To Find A Basement Contractor In Oakville Or Mississauga?
Transforming your basement into the space of your dreams takes imagination and the right basement contractor to bring those dreams to fruition. The domilya GROUP team renovates basement spaces so that they complement the rest of your home, while also resulting in additional customized living space for your family. Contact domilya GROUP for more information on how we can help you design and finish the basement space you’ve always wanted.