Floors can get passed off as unimportant, but believe it or not, the right flooring can make all the difference.
Proper flooring adds ambience to a space and enhances the overall atmosphere. Sometimes when flooring complements a space well, you hardly notice it. It becomes one element of the whole design. Bad flooring, on the other hand, you can’t help but notice. The wrong flooring can throw off the entire space. So, while it may not always be the first thing you consider, choosing the right flooring is a must.
Your choice depends on functionality and the look you’re aiming for. You may think “It’s just the floor,” but this decision requires a lot of thought.
- Consider the location of the room – where is it in the house? Is it above or below ground?
- What is the foundation below the floor like?
- What is the room’s purpose?
- How much foot traffic will there be in this room?
- Do you have pets? They may affect your decision when it comes to choosing materials.
- Do you want to carry the same flooring through all rooms or change it up?
- What design style do you want each room to have?
All these factors will help you determine what kind of flooring you should use. Once you know what you need, you can narrow down your options – and there really are tons of options. With all that is available, you’re bound to find something you love that fits your home perfectly.
- Carpet – there are multiple materials, colours and styles to choose from
- Hardwood – this alone presents a number of choices, including dark woods, exotic woods, bamboo and highly sustainable options
- Vinyl sheeting
- Resilient vinyl
- Ceramic tiles
- Porcelain tiles
To learn more about flooring options for your space, contact an associate from domilya GROUP at 647.300.1242 or visit domilyaGROUP.ca