If you are planning a basement renovation, you are not alone.
According to the CMHC (Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation) basement renovation is the hottest trend in 2016. Buyers and homeowners want to maximize their available living space rather than make a costly move. Customizing your living space to fit your needs is becoming a much more affordable and thus attractive option for Canadians rather than undertaking the monumental task of moving to a new home.
Finding an experienced and passionate home renovation company with extensive basement renovation experience in Burlington or across the GTA should result in the creation of your dream living space. One of the first things to consider is what is it that you want to achieve with a basement renovation?
- Do you want to offset the rising costs of home ownership with a potential income suite?
- Do you have a growing family and need a space that fits with their needs now and in the future?
- Will you need to care for aging parents and must create a private space in your home that suits their needs?
- Is the basement going to be the entertainment center of your home?
- Do you require a soundproof office space for you or other member’s of your household?
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]domilya GROUP can help you think through these questions and is committed to designing and renovating your home to increase its’ functionality, add to its’ value and create a dream space for your family’s enjoyment.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Features That Will Help Create An Amazing Basement Living Space
Choosing design products that are of excellent quality and that will work with below grade living is also important. domilya GROUP will listen to your ideas and present you features specific to basement renovations that will maximize comfort, ensure your family’s safety, present plans that are functional for your unique space and most importantly, create your dream basement. Points to consider when planning a basement renovation.
Protect against moisture, fire and noise.
- Check the interior foundation for water damage and examine grading to ensure water runs away from the house. Insulation plays a critical role in keeping your basement safe and dry.
Design is key.
- Open spaces are great for basement renovations and incorporating structural design features that work with the space can help you create a fabulous basement area. Finishing the walls and ceilings will provide attractive and complete looks. Select lighting that compliments your overall design.
Soundproofing is important.
- Privacy and quiet are necessary for in-law suites, home offices and even those cozy movie nights in your new dream entertainment center.
domilya GROUP is a home renovation company that has over ten years of industry experience in home renovations including basement renovations. We want to help you create a basement that you love and that works with all of your needs. Contact us today to discuss your ideas and let us help you create your dream living space.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]